Notice of 12-Month Finding on Petition to List the Pacific Bluefin Tuna as Threatened or Endangered Under ESA
NOAA Fisheries announces a 12-month finding on a petition to list the Pacific bluefin tuna (Thunnus orientalis) as a threatened or endangered species under the Endangered Species Act (ESA) and to designate critical habitat. We completed a comprehensive status review of the species in response to the petition. We determined that listing of the Pacific bluefin tuna is not warranted, based on the best scientific and commercial data available and after taking into account efforts being made to protect the species. We conclude that the Pacific bluefin tuna is not an endangered species throughout all or a significant portion of its range, nor likely to become an endangered species within the foreseeable future throughout all or a significant portion of its range.
- Petition to List the Pacific Bluefin Tuna as Endangered under the ESA, June 20,…
- Frequently Asked Questions (October 2016)
- Frequent Questions: Petition to List Pacific Bluefin Tuna Under the Endangered …
- Pacific bluefin tuna stock assessment 2016
- Final Status Review Report of Pacific bluefin tuna 2017