Northern Fur Seal Subsistence Harvest Estimates and Reports
The tribal governments of St. George and St. Paul manage, monitor and report their subsistence marine mammal harvests with their co-management partners at NOAA Fisheries.
Environmental Impact Statement
- Final Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement for Management of the Subsistence Harvest of Northern Fur Seals on St. Paul Island, Alaska
Subsistence Harvest Estimates
- Historical triennial fur seal subsistence harvest quotas: 2017-2019, 2014-2016, 2011-2013, 2008-2010, 2005-2007
- Independent reports of the subsistence harvest on St. Paul (provided by a certified veterinarian for NOAA Fisheries): 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996, 1995, 1994, 1993, 1992, 1991, 1989, 1988, 1987, 1986, 1984
Subsistence Harvest Reports
Aleut Community of St. George Island Traditional Council Petition
- Final rule to modify the subsistence harvest regulations for the Eastern Pacific stock of northern fur seals (Callorhinus ursinus) based on a petition from the Pribilof Island Aleut Community of St. George Island, Traditional Council. The final rule authorizes Pribilovians of St. George Island to harvest up to 150 male young of the year fur seals annually during a new autumn harvest season from all breeding and hauling grounds, consistent with traditional practices, to meet the community’s nutritional and cultural needs. Effective October 30, 2014.
- St. George Island Traditional Council Resolution 10-06, September 2006
Aleut Community of St. Paul Island Tribal Government Petition
- Notice of receipt of a petition for rulemaking under the Administrative Procedure Act. The Pribilof Island Community of St. Paul Island, Aleut Community of St. Paul Island-Tribal Government petitioned NMFS to revise regulations governing the subsistence taking of northern fur seals on St. Paul Island. Comment period through September 10, 2012.
- St. Paul Island Tribal Government Letter to NMFS, May 10, 2010
- St. Paul Island Tribal Government Letter to NMFS, May 3, 2010
- St. Paul Island Tribal Government Letter to NMFS, October 2009
- NMFS Letter to St. Paul Island Tribal Government, May 2007
- St. Paul Island Tribal Government Resolution 2007-09 to NMFS supporting changing of or a moratorium on northern fur seal subsistence harvest regulations, February 2007