- The recreational harvest of almaco jack, banded rudderfish, and lesser amberjack (Other Jacks Complex) in federal waters of the South Atlantic will close at 12:01 a.m., (local time), on September 25, 2019. During the recreational closure, harvest or possession of species in the Other Jacks Complex in or from federal waters is prohibited.
WHY THIS CLOSURE IS HAPPENING:
- The 2019 recreational catch limit is 267,799 pounds whole weight.
- Recreational landings have exceeded the recreational catch limit; therefore, recreational harvest must close.
AFTER THE CLOSURE:
- As a reminder, commercial harvest is closed.
- The 2020 fishing season for both the recreational sector and commercial sector of the Other Jacks Complex will open at 12:01 a.m., local time, on January 1, 2020.
This bulletin provides only a summary of the existing regulations. Full regulations can be found in the Federal Register or at https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=383bc195ccbeab4fd6bec1c24905df34&node=sp50.12.622.i&rgn=div6#se50.12.622_1193.
SIGN UP FOR TEXT MESSAGE ALERTS - FIND OUT ABOUT IMMEDIATE OPENINGS AND CLOSURES
NOAA’s Text Message Alert Program allows you to receive important fishery related alerts via text message (SMS). Standard message & data rates may apply. You may opt-out at any time. Text alerts you may receive include:
- Immediate fishery openings and closures
- Any significant changes to fishing regulations that happen quickly
Sign up for one or more of the following groups:
- Gulf of Mexico Recreational Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text GULFRECFISH to 888777
- Gulf of Mexico Commercial Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text GULFCOMMFISH to 888777
- South Atlantic Recreational Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text SATLRECFISH to 888777
- South Atlantic Commercial Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text SATLCOMMFISH to 888777
- Caribbean Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text CARIBFISH to 888777
Join us every other Friday on NOAA Fish Instagram for Rec Fish Friday!
Media: Kim Amendola, 727-551-5707
Allison Garrett, 727-551-5750