NOAA Fisheries reminds the public that the 2017 Atlantic cobia season for the recreational sector remains closed in federal waters as announced on January 25, 2017 (FB17-004). The recreational Atlantic cobia season is scheduled to re-open on January 1, 2018, at which time the new regulations outlined in the bulletin released on August 4, 2017 (FB17-044), will become effective. NOAA Fisheries will announce any changes to the 2018 season through a Fishery Bulletin.
In addition, the 2017 commercial Atlantic cobia season remains open in federal waters. The regulations for the commercial sector outlined in bulletin number FB17-044 are effective on September 5, 2017.
Where can I find more information on Atlantic cobia regulations?
- Contact NOAA Fisheries, Southeast Regional Office
By Mail: Karla Gore
NOAA Fisheries, Southeast Regional Office
Sustainable Fisheries Division
263 13th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, Florida 33701-5505
By FAX: (727) 824-5308
By Phone: (727) 824-5305
- Additional information on management of cobia in the South Atlantic may be found at the NOAA Fisheries Southeast Regional Office Website.
SIGN UP FOR TEXT MESSAGE ALERTS - FIND OUT ABOUT IMMEDIATE OPENINGS AND CLOSURES
NOAA's Text Message Alert Program allows you to receive important fishery related alerts via text message (SMS). Standard message & data rates may apply. You may opt-out at any time.
Text alerts you may receive include:
- Immediate fishery openings and closures
- Any significant changes to fishing regulations that happen quickly
Sign up for one or more of the following groups:
- Gulf of Mexico Recreational Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text GULFRECFISH to 888777
- Gulf of Mexico Commercial Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text GULFCOMMFISH to 888777
- South Atlantic Recreational Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text SATLRECFISH to 888777
- South Atlantic Commercial Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text SATLCOMMFISH to 888777
- Caribbean Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text CARIBFISH to 888777