- M.S. Biology – Northeastern Univsersity, 2012
- B.S Wildlife management – Université du Quebec à Rimouski, 2000
- Physical Science Technician at the Milford Laboratory - February 2020 – Present
- Assistant Specialist II at the University of California, Irvine - September 2014 – January 2020
- Biological Science Laboratory Technician at the Milford Laboratory - July 2012 – March 2014
Genevieve brings experience using and maintaining analytical instruments and running chemical and biological analyses critical to shellfish aquaculture and environmental research to the Milford Lab. She previously worked as a contractor research assistant for the Milford Lab from 2012-2014. Most recently, she managed two laboratories at the University of California, Irvine, where she was responsible for lab safety and maintenance of all research equipment. She coordinated three research projects there focused on the effects of changing marine biodiversity, the impact of climate change and invasive species on marine communities, and tracking nutrient availability in the intertidal zone.
Genevieve also previously worked with the Long Island Sound Study water monitoring program. She holds a master’s degree in biology from Northeastern University, where she studied the effects of invasive green crabs on New England salt marsh ecosystems. She looks forward to being the instrument guru of the Milford Lab.