- B.S. Biology, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, 1993
- 2009-2021: Industrial Hygienist, US Army Garrison Fort Detrick, MD
- 2003-2009: Industrial Hygienist, US Army Center for Health Promotion and Preventive Medicine Europe, Grafenwoehr, Germany
- 2001-2003: Industrial Hygienist, US Naval Hospital Naples, Naples, Italy
- 1995-2001: Industrial Hygienist, Tobyhanna Army Depot, Tobyhanna, PA
John joined the Fisheries Science Center in 2021 after spending 26 years with the Department of Defense as an Industrial Hygienist. As the Safety and Environmental Compliance Officer, he will be responsible for the safety of employees and operations and for implementing the goals and requirements of the Environmental, Safety and Occupational Health program. John will be located at the Sandy Hook Laboratory and will provide services to all areas of the NEFSC.