HATCH Webinar: Aquaculture in Hawai‘i, A Success in Offshore Mariculture
Experts discuss the state of offshore aquaculture in Hawai‘i and how partnerships and sound management can support the needs of communities, industry, and the environment through the production of local seafood.
Join Pacific Islands region aquaculture specialist Tori Spence McConnell in the HATCH webinar series on sustainable aquaculture.
- Learn how growers on Hawai‘i Island are rearing native kampachi (Seriola rivoliana) in state-of-the-art net pen systems.
- Join the conversation about the importance of stakeholder involvement to secure a future for aquaculture that benefits communities, the economy, and the environment.
- Learn how NOAA is supporting advances in aquaculture technologies and developing consistent management processes for safe and sustainable growth.
- Find out about NOAA Fisheries grant opportunities, including recent and upcoming projects in the Pacific Islands Region.
- Ask questions during a live question and answer segment.
- Tori Spence McConnell, Regional Aquaculture Specialist, NOAA Fisheries, Pacific Islands Regional Office
- Dick Jones, Chief Executive Officer, Blue Ocean Mariculture