Listening Session to Discuss Shrimp in the Gulf of Mexico
NOAA Fisheries to hold a series of public discussions to gather feedback on the management strategy for Gulf Shrimp.
NOAA Fisheries is holding a listening session for Gulf of Mexico shrimpers including captains, permit holders, and deckhands. The goal of this session is to generate local ecological knowledge on the Gulf of Mexico shrimp fishery.
Our intent is to increase information flow between scientists, managers, and fishermen in support of improved fishery resources in the Gulf of Mexico.
We are interested in hearing about:
- What aspects of your operation are most critical to your success? Are these aspects facing short- or long-term threats?
- What impact has fisheries management had on your industry?
- What targeted research would improve management of the shrimp fishery?
- How do ecosystem changes affect your businesses and communities?
- What do people value in the ecosystem?
September 20, 2023 from 4–7 p.m. EDT
Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council
4107 W. Spruce St. #200, Tampa, FL 33607
These meetings are physically accessible to people with disabilities. Requests for auxiliary aids should be directed to Molly Stevens 5 days prior to the meeting at (305) 361-4489 or Molly.Stevens@noaa.gov.
For any questions regarding this session, please contact Molly Stevens.