Meeting to Advise the U.S. Commissioners to the Western and Central Pacific Fisheries Commission
The Permanent Advisory Committee is hosting a meeting to advise the U.S. Commissioners to the Western and Central Pacific Fisheries Commission (WCPFC). NOAA Fisheries Pacific Islands Regional Office provides administrative and technical support to the PAC in cooperation with the Department of State. The meeting of the PAC will be held on October 11-12, 2018, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. HST (or until business is concluded). Read the Federal Register notice for further information.
The PAC meeting topics may include the following:
- Outcomes of the 2017 Annual Meeting and 2018 sessions of the WCPFC Scientific Committee, Northern Committee, and Technical and Compliance Committee
- Conservation and management measures for bigeye tuna, yellowfin tuna, skipjack tuna and other species for 2018 and beyond
- Potential U.S. proposals to WCPFC15
- Input and advice from the PAC on issues that may arise at WCPFC15
- Potential proposals from other WCPFC members
- Other issues.