NOAA Fisheries is preparing a Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement for funding actions conducted by the Saltonstall-Kennedy Program. The program funds projects that address the needs of fishing communities, optimize economic benefits by building and maintaining sustainable fisheries, and increase other opportunities to keep working waterfronts viable. NOAA invites interested parties to provide comments on the scope of the PEIS analysis for potentially funded projects, including:
- Potential project effects to the human environment
- Means for avoiding, minimizing, or mitigating those effects
- Preliminary range of alternatives
- Any additional reasonable alternatives that should be considered
For more information, read the Federal Register notice and supporting documents >
Scoping Meeting Information
NOAA will hold three virtual public scoping meetings focused regionally, as detailed below. Each meeting will begin with a brief overview presentation of the program and the initial scope of the PEIS analysis, followed by time for participants to provide oral comments, on the record, on the scope of the environmental analysis.
The scoping meetings will be hosted virtually via Webex. You may join the scoping meeting using a web browser, the Webex desktop app (app installation required), a mobile app (app installation required), or a phone call (audio only). To help NOAA plan for the scoping meetings, participants are encouraged to register here. Please note, registration is not required.
Written comments may also be submitted during the 30-day public comment period, from February 23 to March 25, 2021, using the Federal e-Rulemaking Portal.
For more information, please contact Cliff Cosgrove, Saltonstall-Kennedy Program Manager; email@example.com or (301) 427-8736.
How to Comment on the Proposed Scope of the PEIS Analysis
Submit Comments by March 25, 2021
- Submit your written comments on this scoping notice by Federal e-Rulemaking Portal: Go to http://www.regulations.gov/#!docketDetail;D=NOAA-NMFS-2021-0012 Click the “Comment Now!” icon, complete the required fields, and enter or attach your comments.
- Submit oral comments at the public scoping meetings. See meeting details below.
- If you have questions, please contact Cliff Cosgrove at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 427-8736