West Coast NOAA Day 2020
The annual West Coast NOAA Day is virtual this year! Join us to learn about what NOAA does to support healthy ecosystems, sustainable fisheries, and outreach and education throughout our coast!
Our annual West Coast NOAA Day, hosted by the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, showcases the many ways NOAA touches the lives of Americans through science and education. The theme for this year’s virtual event is “Innovation for a Sustainable Ocean.” Come learn about salmon in the ocean, giant sea bass and sea turtles in California, recreational fishing, our NOAA Corps, resources for the budding ocean stewards, and so much more! We will also announce the winners of our annual NOAA Day Art Contest, with entries from middle school and high school students throughout the Long Beach Unified School District.
NOAA DAY Presentations
- “Welcome to NOAA Day 2020!” presented by Shannon Penna (NOAA Fisheries)
- “NOAA Day Art Contest Winners and Entries” by Shannon Penna (NOAA Fisheries)
- “Salmon in the Ocean” presented by Brittany Struck (NOAA Fisheries)
- “Southern California Sea Turtles” presented by Sabrina Mashburn (SoCal Sea Turtles)
- “Educational Tools for Budding Ocean Stewards” presented by Alicia Keefe (NOAA Fisheries)
- “NOAA Commissioned Officer Corps” presented by Chelsea Parrish (NOAA Corps)
- “Sustainable Recreational Fishing” presented by Daniel Studt (NOAA Fisheries)
- “Black Abalone Recovery” presented by Susan Wang (NOAA Fisheries)
- “Giant Seabass: Kings of the Kelp Forest” presented by Ryan Freedman (Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary)
How to Join
To join this free live-streaming web event, please visit the Aquarium of the Pacific’s NOAA Day event page: https://www.aquariumofpacific.org/events/info/noaa_and_our_planet_day/ or visit our Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NOAAFisheriesWestCoast or https://www.facebook.com/AquariumofthePacific on Saturday to view the live show.
For more information about NOAA Fisheries on the West Coast, visit our West Coast webpage.