Observer Program Reports and Policies
Our National Observer Program publishes a variety of reports and policy directives, including a series of annual reports.
Annual reports provide an overview of the observer program nationally, and include information on regional accomplishments and budgets.
Reports by year:
We support the integration of technology into our observer programs and have held workshops with practitioners and stakeholders from across the country.
Safety and Other Standards
We support a variety of efforts related to observer safety, well-being, and professionalism.
- Observer Provider Insurance Workshop Report (2016)
- National Review of Observer Program Policies and Procedures (2014)
- Commercial Fishing Vessel Safety and NMFS-USCG Memorandum on Observer Safety (2014)
- National Minimum Eligibility Standards (2007) (PDF, 5 pages)
- National Safety Training Standards (2007) (PDF, 32 pages)
- Observer Health and Safety Final Rule (2007)