NOAA Fisheries established the SIMP-Compliant Importers List in September 2020-- a valuable complement to the U.S. Seafood Import Monitoring Program. SIMP, a seafood traceability program for thirteen species groups that are particularly vulnerable to illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing or seafood fraud, requires importers to adhere to reporting and recordkeeping requirements to import these products into the United States.
SIL recognizes U.S. importers with a demonstrated history of excellent audit compliance with the SIMP requirements. There is no cost to importers to be included on SIL; and qualified importers have reduced frequency of audits based on their compliance record. SIL reduces costs to both the government and industry while incentivizing importers to maintain the reporting and recordkeeping requirements of SIMP.
International Fisheries Trade Permit (IFTP) holders maintaining the qualifications are included on the SIL:
- Have a valid IFTP; and
- Three consecutive completed SIMP audits with no findings of noncompliance in the preceding 365 days;
- Provided chain of custody records requested for SIMP remote audits in a timely manner;
- No pending enforcement actions with NOAA; and
- No violations during the preceding five years of any trade requirement under any statute administered and enforced by NOAA that resulted in a final enforcement action.
Eligible IFTP holders will remain on SIL as long as eligibility requirements are met. Quarterly updates of the SIL will include any new qualified importers, and disqualified importers will be removed in a timely manner as needed.
SIMP-Compliant Importers List
The requirements for SIL are specific including passing three consecutive SIMP audits with no findings of noncompliance in the preceding 365 days. Since SIL is a relatively new policy, many importers have not yet met these qualifications for various reasons and will be added to SIL quarterly once eligibility requirements are met. We anticipate the SIL to grow each quarter as more companies successfully pass audits and meet the eligibility requirements.
- A D S SEAFOOD, LLC
- AEL SEAFOOD ENTERPRISES, LLC
- ALFA INTERNATIONAL SEAFOOD, INC.
- AQUANOR MARKETING, INC.
- ARISTA INDUSTRIES, INC
- BIG BLUE OCEAN, LLC
- BMR SEAFOOD, LLC
- BRYAN SCHEPP
- C.P.FOOD PRODUCTS, INC.
- CARDON INTERNATIONAL, INC.
- CHOICE CANNING COMPANY, INC.
- DEVI SEAFOODS, INC.
- EIGHT INTERNATIONAL, LLC
- EPIC SEAFOOD, INC.
- GAMMA SEAFOOD CORPORATION
- GRANMAR PRODUCTS, INC.
- GREAT OCEANS, LLC
- H & N GROUP, INC.
- JENSEN TUNA, INC.
- LA GLORIA SEAFOOD IMPORTS, LLC
- LIMSON TRADING LTD.
- M F FOLEY INC - NEW BEDFORD
- MAZZETTA COMPANY, LLC
- MIAMI PERISHABLE LOGISTICS, LLC
- NEW ENGLAND WHOLESALE FISH & LOBSTER, INC.
- NORMAN'S AIR FREIGHT SERVICE
- PACIFIC AMERICAN FISH CO., INC.
- PACIFIC FRESH SEAFOOD
- RAOSMAR, INC.
- SEA LION INTERNATIONAL, INC.
- SEA PORT PRODUCTS CORP
- SOUTHWIND FOODS LLC DBA GREAT AMERICAN SEAFOOD IMPORTS CO.
- STANLEY PEARLMAN ENTERPRISES, INC.
- SUPER FISH SEAFOOD CORP
- TAI FOONG USA, INC.
- THE FISHIN' COMPANY
- TRUE GRADE, LLC
- WILD PLANET FOODS, INC.
For more information contact SIMPsupport@noaa.gov or the SIMP support line at (301) 427-8301 (toll) or (833) 440-6599 (toll-free).