Web-based Reporting Instructions for IVR Fishermen
IMPORTANT: Starting on April 1, 2021, IVR fishermen who want to declare or report fishing activity can do so through the Fish Online iOS app or the app available on our Fish Online website and Android devices.
Soon, you will no longer call our IVR telephone system to declare a monkfish or groundfish trip, or to report for a Research Set-Aside project. Instead, you will use the Fish Online iOS app or the IVR web form available on our Fish Online website and Android devices.
IMPORTANT: Starting on June 1, 2021, you will not be able to access Fish Online using your existing permit number/PIN combination. In order to use the IVR reporting functions in any of our Fish Online applications, you will need to use your Fish Online username/password to login.
If you need to create an account through Fish Online, visit How to Create an Account in Fish Online and Link to a Vessel. You can access our Fish Online website using only the Chrome, Firefox, or Safari web browsers on your tablet, desktop, or laptop computer. You cannot use Internet Explorer to access Fish Online.
You can go to our Vessel Trip Reporting web page for more information about IVR and electronic reporting. There you will find information about making IVR reports from an iPhone or iPad. These are additional options to the web-based instructions below.
Submitting an IVR Report From a Tablet, Desktop or Laptop Computer
- In the Fish Online Login Page, enter your login credentials and click Log In.
- After you log in, select the vessel for which you are completing a trip report.
- Once you are on your Vessel Profile page, click IVR Reporting from the menu on the left side of the screen.
- On the IVR Reporting page, select the appropriate fishery for your report.
- Once the Open Trip window opens, complete the required information.
- When you return to the dock, log in to Fish Online.
- When you select your vessel, you will see any open trips during the last 30 days.
- Select the trip you want to submit and fill in the required information.
Submitting an IVR Report From Your Smartphone
- Go to the Fish Online Login Page and log in.
- Once you log in, select the vessel for which you are completing a trip report and your Vessel Profile page will open.
- Go to the top right of the screen and tap the menu icon (the two horizontal lines) next to “NOAA Fisheries”.
- Select IVR Reporting in the menu.
- Select the fishery for which you are reporting.
- Enter the required information to open a trip and click Submit.