Web-based Reporting Instructions for IVR Fishermen
IVR fishermen who want to declare a monkfish or groundfish trip or to report for a Research Set-Aside project may now use our web-based form instead of the telephone system.
Soon, you will no longer call our IVR telephone system to declare a monkfish or groundfish trip, or to report for a Research Set-Aside project. Instead, you will use the IVR web form on our Fish Online website.
In order to use the Fish Online IVR web form, you will need to use your Fish Online username/password to login to Fish Online. In the near future, you will not be able to access Fish Online using your existing permit number/PIN combination.
If you need to create an account through Fish Online, see the instructions below. You can access our Fish Online website using only the Chrome, Firefox, or Safari web browsers on your tablet, desktop, or laptop computer. You cannot use Internet Explorer to access Fish Online.
Creating an Account in Fish Online
- Go to the Fish Online Web Portal login page.
- On the login page, click Create Account.
- After the Create Account page opens, fill in the required information and click Save.
- After you create your account, call our Help Desk at (978) 281-9188, or your local Port Agent to validate your account. You must call from the telephone number listed on your permit so we can verify your identity.
You can go to our Vessel Trip Reporting web page for more information about IVR and electronic reporting.
Submitting an IVR Report From a Tablet, Desktop or Laptop Computer
- In the Fish Online Login Page, enter your login credentials and click Log In.
- After you log in, select the vessel for which you are completing a trip report.
- Once you are on your Vessel Profile page, click IVR Reporting from the menu on the left side of the screen.
- On the IVR Reporting page, select the appropriate fishery for your report.
- Once the Open Trip window opens, complete the required information.
- When you return to the dock, log in to Fish Online.
- When you select your vessel, you will see any open trips during the last 30 days.
- Select the trip you want to submit and fill in the required information.
Submitting an IVR Report From Your Smartphone
- Go to the Fish Online Login Page and log in.
- Once you log in, select the vessel for which you are completing a trip report and your Vessel Profile page will open.
- Go to the top right of the screen and tap the menu icon (the two horizontal lines) next to “NOAA Fisheries”.
- Select IVR Reporting in the menu.
- Select the fishery for which you are reporting.
- Enter the required information to open a trip and click Submit.