Renew Your Hawaii Longline Permit Online
We encourage you to renew your Hawaii longline permit online using the National Permit System.
You Will Need
Legible scan or photograph of:
- Current U.S. Coast Guard certificate of documentation or state vessel registration
- Current Protected Species Workshop certificate
- Written authorization from the permit holder if you are a designated agent
- Valid credit or debit card, or bank account information for ACH payment
- Request a permit access code from the Pacific Islands Regional Permits Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (808) 725-5190.
- Register as a new user at https://fisheriespermits.noaa.gov.
- Go to the National Permit System: https://fisheriespermits.noaa.gov.
- Log in and follow the onscreen instructions carefully.
- Ensure that your contact information (address, phone, email) is current.
- DO NOT change:
- The name or type of permit holder (business or individual); or
- The name, ownership, or official number of the vessel
- Sign, date and submit the application.
- Pay the fee:
- A valid credit/debit card or bank account information is required.
- The current online application fee is $34 (subject to change).
When will I receive my permit?
NOAA Fisheries will review and approve your application if it is complete and meets all requirements. The Permits Office will then issue the permit by emailing it to the address you provided.
Permit transfer and vessel replacement
To transfer a permit, or replace or change the vessel, please contact the Permits Office.
For detailed instructions, see the Guide to Renewing Your Hawaii Longline Permit Online.
Permits Office: (808) 725-5190 or email@example.com.