NOAA Chesapeake Bay Office Biennial Report to Congress, Fiscal Years 2017–2018
This report describes the activities and progress of the NOAA Chesapeake Bay Office and its partners toward achieving the goals of the 2014 Chesapeake Bay Watershed Agreement.
During Fiscal Years 2017 and 2018, NOAA's Chesapeake Bay Office, working with partners, has made progress toward achieving the goals of the 2014 Chesapeake Bay Watershed Agreement. Specifically, the NOAA Chesapeake Bay Office supported:
- Oyster restoration in Virginia and Maryland.
- Collaborative efforts to use science to ensure sustainable Bay fisheries.
- Weather, oceanographic, and water-quality data about the Chesapeake Bay.
- Science education for students and professional development for teachers.
- Place-based community engagement.
- Climate resiliency planning throughout the Bay watershed.
The Report to Congress details these efforts and other activities.
Moving forward, NCBO will continue to focus on achieving the 2014 Chesapeake Bay Watershed Agreement goals relating to sustainable fisheries, vital habitats, environmental literacy, and climate resiliency, as well as support monitoring efforts to track progress towardthese goals.