Access Point Angler Intercept Survey At-a-Glance
This fact sheet answers common questions about the Marine Recreational Information Program's angler intercept survey.
This fact sheet answers the following frequently asked questions about the Access Point Angler Intercept Survey (APAIS):
- How does NOAA Fisheries collect information about recreational catch?
- How do interviewers decide where to go?
- What is an interviewer's daily assignment like?
- Why do interviews survey anglers who did not catch any fish?
- Why do interviewers work at sites where fishing activity is low?
- How many anglers are surveyed each year?
- What happens to the information they share?
- Why haven't I been interviewed?
- Why should I participate more than once?
- How does this survey benefit me?