Fishing Effort Survey At-a-Glance
This fact sheet answers common questions about the Marine Recreational Information Program's mail survey of fishing activity.
This fact sheet answers the following questions about the Fishing Effort Survey (FES):
- How does NOAA Fisheries collect information about recreational fishing activity?
- What happened to the Coastal Household Telephone Survey?
- How many mail surveys do you send out? How many people respond?
- How are the data collected by the Fishing Effort Survey used?
- Why haven’t I been surveyed?
- Are your effort estimates reliable?
- Has the transition to the Fishing Effort Survey impacted our understanding of fishing effort, or current fishing regulations?
- How does responding to the Fishing Effort Survey benefit me?
- What can I do to help?