Emergency contacts for vessel owners, operators, and observers on longline and purse seine vessels fishing for tuna or tuna-like species in the eastern Pacific Ocean
Emergency contacts for vessel owners, operators, and observers on longline and purse seine vessels fishing for tuna or tuna-like species in the eastern Pacific Ocean.
U.S. government contacts
- U.S. Coast Guard (USCG): The USCG is the point of contact for emergency situations that would necessitate an immediate USCG search and rescue, or law enforcement response. Thus, in emergency situations that need an immediate response, vessel owners and operators are encouraged to consult this list of U.S. Coast Guard Rescue Coordination Centers (RCC) to locate the nearest Center that can help coordinate with the closest Search and Rescue (SAR) facility in the area of the vessel.
|RCC||Location||Area of SAR Coordination Responsibility||Phone Number|
11th Coast Guard District
California and Eastern Pacific Ocean waters assigned by
- NOAA Office of Law Enforcement: For reporting incidents of observer assault, intimidation, threat or harassment: NOAA Office of Law Enforcement West Coast Division Duty Officer line at telephone: (206) 526-4851. Available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
- NMFS Sustainable Fisheries Division (SFD) West Coast Region: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The business hours of the West Coast Region's SFD are Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Pacific Time.
Observer program contacts
- West Coast HMS longline observer program: Charles Villafana. Telephone: 562-980-4033, email: email@example.com
- For American Samoa, the Port Coordinator
Steve Kostelnik: telephone: (684)-633-5325, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Hawaii, the Port Coordinator
Josee Vincent: telephone: (808) 321-9183, email: email@example.com
- IATTC purse seine observer program
Ernesto Altamirano. Telephone: 858-546-7040, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: +1-858-546-7100, email: ObsContact@iattc.org