Amendment 7 to the FMP for the Salmon Fisheries Off Alaska
NOAA Fisheries issues a final rule implementing:
- Amendments 78 and 65 to the Fishery Management Plan (FMP) for Groundfish of the Bering Sea and Aleutian Islands Management Area
- Amendments 73 and 65 to the FMP for Groundfish of the Gulf of Alaska
- Amendments 16 and 12 to the FMP for Bering Sea/Aleutian Islands King and Tanner Crabs
- Amendments 7 and 9 to the FMP for the Scallop Fishery off Alaska
- Amendments 7 and 8 to the FMP for Salmon Fisheries in the Exclusive Economic Zone off the Coast of Alaska
These amendments revise the FMPs by identifying and describing essential fish habitat (EFH) and designating habitat areas of particular concern. They also include measures to minimize, to the extent practicable, adverse effects on EFH. This action is necessary to protect important habitat features to sustain managed fish stocks.