Amendment 80 Program - Federal Register Rules and Notices
Bering Sea and Aleutian Islands (BSAI) Fishery Management Plan Amendment 80 allocated several BSAI non-pollock trawl groundfish species among trawl fishery sectors, and facilitated the formation of harvesting cooperatives in the non-American Fisheries Act (non-AFA) trawl catcher/processor sector. The groundfish species directly affected by Amendment 80 include Atka mackerel, Aleutian Islands Pacific ocean perch, flathead sole, Pacific cod, rock sole, and yellowfin sole. In addition, Amendment 80 modified the management of halibut and crab prohibited species catch (PSC) limits.
Amendment 80 was approved by the North Pacific Fishery Management Council (Council) on June 9, 2006. NOAA Fisheries published a proposed rule to implement the Program on May 30, 2007 (72 FR 30052). The Secretary of Commerce approved Amendment 80 on July 26, 2007.
- Notice of Availability of DEIS for Halibut ABM (86 FR 50331, 09/08/2021)
- Final Rule: Modification of Groundfish Retention Standard (78 FR 12627, 02/25/2…
- Proposed Rule: Modification of Groundfish Retention Standard (77 FR 62482, 10/1…
- Temporary Rule - Emergency Action Extension (76 FR 31881, 06/02/2011)
- Emergency Rule - Groundfish Retention Standard (75 FR 78172, 12/15/2010)
- Notice of Public Workshop (72 FR 51570, 09/10/2007)
- Notice of Public Workshop (72 FR 31548, 06/07/2007)
- Notice of Public Workshop (72 FR 27798, 05/17/2007)
- Final Rule: Amendment 80 to the FMP for Groundfish of the BSAI (72 FR 52667, 09…