NOAA Fisheries announces a final rule to make administrative revisions to the renewal process for federal vessel permits, licenses, endorsements, and dealer permits (hereafter referred to collectively as permits) in the Southeast Region.
NOAA Fisheries will continue to provide the permit holder notice of an upcoming expiration date, but this rule would remove the requirement that the renewal applications be printed and sent via mail.
WHEN RULE WILL TAKE EFFECT:
- The rule will take effect January 14, 2019
WHAT THIS MEANS:
- Renewal letters will continue to be mailed out 2 months prior to expiration date of their permit through a letter, email, or other appropriate means that may be available.
- Paper applications will not automatically be mailed out with renewal letters starting January 14, 2019.
- The permits office will include an Important Notice insert with the renewal letter listing the options for obtaining a renewal application.
- Permit and license holders will select which option works best for them:
- Renew and pay online (where available);
- Download paper application and submit by mail;
- Request application from Permits Office and submit by mail
(877-376-4877 M-F 8:00am EST – 4:30pm EST).
- Renewal letters will continue to contain permit reporting requirements and instructions for viewing vessel reporting status.
FORMAL FEDERAL REGISTER NAME/NUMBER: 83 FR 64032, published Dec. 13, 2018
For More Information Contact:
By Mail: Sarah Stephenson
NOAA Fisheries, Southeast Regional Office
263 13th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, Florida 33701-5505
By Phone: (727) 824-5305 Sustainable Fisheries Division
By Phone: (877) 376-4877 Permits Office
By FAX: (727) 824-5308
SIGN UP FOR TEXT MESSAGE ALERTS - FIND OUT ABOUT IMMEDIATE OPENINGS AND CLOSURES
NOAA's Text Message Alert Program allows you to receive important fishery related alerts via text message (SMS). Standard message & data rates may apply. You may opt-out at any time.
Text alerts you may receive include:
- Immediate fishery openings and closures
- Any significant changes to fishing regulations that happen quickly
Sign up for one or more of the following groups:
- Gulf of Mexico Recreational Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text GULFRECFISH to 888777
- Gulf of Mexico Commercial Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text GULFCOMMFISH to 888777
- South Atlantic Recreational Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text SATLRECFISH to 888777
- South Atlantic Commercial Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text SATLCOMMFISH to 888777
- Caribbean Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text CARIBFISH to 888777
Join us every other Friday on NOAA Fish Instagram for Rec Fish Friday!
Media: Kim Amendola, 727-551-5707
Allison Garrett, 727-551-5750