Kick off the event by welcoming the herring to the brook and parading with them upstream!
Meet the Herring Lady at 10:00 a.m. at the foot bridge in Brewster Garden. She’ll have beautiful paper fish for you to “swim” up the brook. Fishy costumes encouraged!
Free Environmental Activities and Exhibits
- Citizen Scientist Fish Counting: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Massachusetts Department of Marine Fisheries, Plymouth Department of Marine and Environmental Affairs.
- All About Eels: NOAA, Plymouth Department of Marine and Environmental Affairs.
- Town Brook Restoration: Plymouth Department of Marine and Environmental Affairs.
- Herring Ladder Obstacle Course: Herring Ponds Watershed Association.
- Underwater Virtual Reality Video: Northeastern University.
- Aquarium, Microscopes and Art: Ocean Protection Advocacy Kids.
Outdoor Activities Schedule
- 10:00 - 10:30a.m.: Herring Parade.
- 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.: Wampanoag Net Making and Fishing Artifacts.
- 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.:Town Brook Walking Tour.
- 12:00 - 2:00 p.m.: Smoking Herring.
- 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.: Town Brook Walking Tour.
- 1:30 - 2:00 p.m.: Wampanoag Fishing Demonstration.
- 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.:Help Build a Model Wampanoag Fish Weir.