Webinar: Applying for Exempt Fishing Permit for Atlantic Herring Mid-Water Trawlers
Webinar walks participants through the application for an Exempted Fishing Permit for those operating mid-water trawlers under the Industry-Funded Monitoring Omnibus Amendment.
Please join us on Friday, April 10, 2020 at 1 p.m. for a presentation and Q&A webinar on the Exempted Fishing Permit (EFP) application for Atlantic herring mid-water trawlers under the Industry-Funded Monitoring (IFM) Omnibus Amendment. This amendment is now open for public comment.
Webinar will be hosted and led by the Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC) and the Greater Atlantic Regional Fisheries Office (GARFO) and will be conducted through Google Hangouts: meet.google.com/jbg-efxk-tho. You can also join by phone: (915) 257-6793 (PIN: 815 329 189#).
If you have questions about EFP, the IFM amendment or the webinar, please contact:
- Maria Fenton, Fishery Management Specialist, GARFO, (978) 281-9196
- Sara Weeks, Northeast Area Lead, NEFSC Observer Program (508)642-6005
Introduction: Sara Weeks
- Welcome remarks, purpose of call, etc.
Pre-Trip Notification System (PTNS): Sara Weeks and Glenn Chamberlain
- Refresher on notification process
- Contacts reminder: Email - email@example.com, Phone - 855-347-4371
EFP: Maria Fenton
- Review of the EFP notice
- EFP timing
Electronic Monitoring (EM): Nichole Rossi
- Review of herring EM Program
Portside sampling: Sara Weeks and Glenn Chamberlain
- Vessel/Provider communication
- Safety checklist