Our at-sea monitors collect scientific, management, regulatory compliance, and economic data. They collect these data onboard commercial fishing vessels with a focus on discarded catch. These data are needed for the management and monitoring of the annual catch limits and groundfish sectors.
- Fishermen operating with multispecies A days at sea (A-DAS) (including monkfish trips) should notify via the Pre-trip Notification System 48 hours prior to the planned sail date.
- View your observer data electronically (for groundfish trips). Please have your login information available, as well as the pre-trip notification information.
Monitoring Service Providers
- To become an approved At-Sea Monitor provider please refer to Code of Federal Regulations, §648.11— At-sea sampler/observer coverage.
- If you want to become an at-sea monitor, contact one of our approved providers.
Regulations and Requirements
- Northeast multispecies management
- The PTNS must be utilized prior to sailing on any trips using multispecies A-DAS. The PTNS website has contact information, FAQs, and other helpful information.