Our at-sea monitors collect scientific, management, regulatory compliance, and economic data. They collect these data onboard commercial fishing vessels. These data are needed for the management and monitoring of the annual catch limits and groundfish sectors.
- For multispecies trips, including monkfish, notify for a fishing trip 48 hours prior to planned sail date.
- View your observer data electronically (for groundfish trips). Please have your permit and PIN number available, as well as the pre-trip notification information.
Monitoring Service Providers
Regulations and Requirements
- Northeast multispecies management.
- At-sea monitoring 2019 coverage levels and reimbursement for groundfish sector fishery.
- Summary of analyses conducted to determine at-sea monitoring requirements for multispecies sectors for fishing year 2019.
- Northeast multispecies fishing year 2019 regulations for the common pool.
Reports and Monitoring