How To Complete a Commercial eVTR Using Fish Online eVTR App for iOS
Operators of federally permitted vessels must submit a vessel trip report (VTR) for each fishing trip. VTRs provide data that informs fishery science and management decisions. This page shows you how to complete VTRs electronically.
Use this page for guidance on filling in eVTR fields to complete your report. Visit this webpage for information on how to download Fish Online and set up an account.
NOTE: The document Fishing Vessel Trip Report (VTR) Reporting Instructions provides the complete reference information that you need to satisfy reporting requirements.
Report a Trip with Catch
- Begin a trip by tapping the + sign.
- Tap EVTR TRIP REPORT in the Create New Report pop up.
- Enter your vessel and trip information, and then tap NEXT.
- Select TRIP TYPE, NO. OF CREW, tap NEXT.
- Review, tap SAVE.
- Tap + , then tap ADD EFFORT.
- Enter GEAR, GEAR QTY, GEAR SIZE, and MESH/RING SIZE, then tap NEXT.
- Enter CHART AREA, NO. OF HAULS, TOW/SOAK TIME, and FISHING DEPTH, then tap NEXT.
- Select LAT/LON FORMAT, then enter LAT and LON (if on fishing location tap Use GPS), then tap SAVE.
- Tap ADD CATCH, then tap ADD CATCH ITEM.
- Enter and select species from the search field.
- Enter the pounds KEPT and the pounds DISCARDED. (If you discarded no fish, you must enter 0 into the Discard field.) Tap SAVE, then tap DONE. Continue to add your catch until you have reported all of it, then tap DONE in the upper part of the screen.
- Tap VTR TRIP REPORT in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Tap + , then tap SET DATE AND TIME LANDED.
- Enter date and time landed, then tap SAVE.
- Tap + , then tap ADD OFFLOAD Items.
- Tap ADD OFFLOAD ITEM. Select a species to offload, Tap NEXT.
- Enter QTY OFFLOADED, then DEALER NAME OR NUMBER,
- Select OFFLOADING PORT, then DATE OFFLOADED. Tap DONE, then tap SAVE.
- Tap DONE.
- Tap the Sign icon.
- Review trip (use the NEXT button to scroll through information), then check the I certify box.
- Tap SUBMIT. If accepted, tap OK.
NOTE: The trip will be transmitted the next time your device is connected to the internet.
Contact our Help Desk at (978) 281-9188, email@example.com, or your local Port Agent.