Alaska IFQ Halibut/Sablefish and CDQ Halibut Program Fishery Applications and Reporting Forms
The Pacific Halibut and Sablefish Individual Fishing Quota Program
The Pacific Halibut and Sablefish Individual Fishing Quota (IFQ) Program was adopted by the North Pacific Fishery Management Council under Amendment 15 to the Bering Sea and Aleutian Islands Fishery Management Plan and Amendment 20 to the Gulf of Alaska Fishery Management Plan in October 1992. The primary objectives of the Alaska Halibut and Sablefish IFQ Program are to: (1) eliminate gear conflicts; (2) address safety concerns; and (3) improve product quality.
IFQ Permits for the 2021 Fishery Season Issued
Permits and can be accessed through NOAA Fisheries online permit portal eFISH.
- To login to eFISH, permit holders must have a valid email address on file. Users that have forgotten their passwords can use the Forgot Password? link located on the eFISH login page.
- If you don’t know what your NMFS Username is, please contact us at 1-800-304-4846 (option #2) or send us an email at RAM.Alaska@noaa.gov
- An eFISH User Guide is also available on our website
North Pacific Fishery Management Council Requests for Emergency Actions
On February 10, 2021, the North Pacific Fishery Management Council (Council) made four recommendations to NOAA Fisheries for emergency or expedited changes to Federal fishing regulations. NOAA Fisheries will analyze the Council’s recommendations and, if approved by the Secretary of Commerce, will publish a rule in the Federal Register. This process typically takes five to six weeks but the exact timing may vary for each action. Please see the questions and answers page about the Council’s requests for emergency action.
Species Covered By This Permit
- Pacific Halibut
What You Will Need
- Prior Notice of Landing (PNOL): The operator making an IFQ landing must notify Enforcement no fewer than 3 hours before landing IFQ halibut, CDQ halibut, or IFQ sablefish. Call toll-free 800-304-4846 or to 907-586-7163 between the hours of 6:00 am and midnight.
- IFQ Departure Report: Required for Pacific halibut or sablefish being landed outside the state of Alaska and before the Pacific halibut or sablefish leave Alaska waters. Please call 1-800-304-4846 between the hours of 6:00 am and midnight to make this report.
- Transshipment Authorization: Required to transship processed Pacific halibut or sablefish between vessels 24 hours before the transhipment. Please call 1-800-304-4846 between the hours of 6:00 am and midnight to be directed to a Clearing Officer to obtain this authorization.
- U.S. Coast Guard Vessel Documentation