MRIP Alaska Regional Implementation Plan
This Regional Implementation Plan informs recreational fishing data collection efforts in Alaska.
The MRIP Regional Implementation Plan for Alaska (2023-2028) informs the Marine Recreational Information Program's recreational fishing data collection efforts in Alaska. It was developed by the Alaska Department of Fish and Game. The plan includes an assessment of regional data collection programs and a list of regional implementation priorities to meet recreational data needs. This is the first MRIP Regional Implementation Plan for Alaska.
MRIP operates as a state-regional-federal partnership.
- NOAA Fisheries maintains a central role in developing data collection and estimation methods, implementing survey and data standards, publishing recreational data products, and providing our partners with financial and technical support.
- Regional and state partners identify regional information needs, coordinate survey operations and on-site data collection, and participate in quality assurance and quality control.
Alaska Prioritized Activities
- Support for Current Programs.
- Statewide Harvest Survey Program Modernization.
- Development of data storage and assimilation structure and policy.
- Saltwater Guide Electronic Logbook Support and Outreach.
- Expansion of both dockside sampling programs.
- Improve recreational release mortality data for a) Pacific halibut and b) rockfish.