Pardon our dust! We are in the process of transitioning websites. For the most up-to-date and comprehensive information about Social Science efforts in the Gulf of Mexico, South Atlantic, and Caribbean please click here .
The Southeast Regional Office (SERO) Fisheries Social Science Branch conducts applied research, analysis, and data collection on the use and management of living marine resources. This includes the use of existing fisheries data bases, field research and data collection, and interdisciplinary collaboration (with staff from other NOAA Fisheries regions and centers, fishery management councils, state fisheries agencies, universities, and contractors). For specific regulatory policies, actions, and alternatives, the work is conducted, summarized, reviewed and published by the councils and NOAA Fisheries in accord with existing federal requirements and guidelines.
- Impacts of Hurricane Katrina on Gulf of Mexico Coastal Fishing Communities
- Factors Affecting Participation in Marine Fisheries: Case Studies in Georgia and North Florida
- Update on the Economic Status of the Gulf of Mexico Commercial Shrimp Fishery
- Fishery Analysis of the Commercial Fisheries for Eleven Coastal Migratory Pelagic Species
- Florida’s Commercial Fishery for Caribbean Spiny Lobster
- Florida’s Commercial Fishery for Stone Crab
- Spiny Lobster: Florida’s Commercial Fishery, Markets, and Global Landings and Trade
- Snapshots of Human Communities and Fisheries in the Gulf of Mexico and South Atlantic
- Development of Social Indicators of Fishing Community Vulnerability and Resilience in the U.S. Southeast and Northeast Regions
- Identifying Communities Associated with the Fishing Industry in Florida Gulf Coast
- Identifying Communities Associated with the Fishing Industry in Louisiana
- Identifying Communities Associated with the Fishing Industry in Texas
- Identifying Communities Associated with the Fishing Industry in Alabama and Mississippi
- Potential Fishing Communities in the Carolinas, Georgia and Florida: An effort in baseline profiling and mapping