Joint Management Committee for the Pacific Hake/Whiting Treaty
Description and list of members of the Joint Management Committee for the Pacific Hake/Whiting Treaty.
The Joint Management Committee is primarily responsible for providing annual Total Allowable Catch recommendations. It has eight members, four appointed by each party, and is charged with:
- Providing direction to the Joint Technical Committee and Scientific Review Group.
- Referring technical issues to the Joint Technical Committee and Scientific Review Group.
- Considering information on management measures.
- Reviewing advice by the Joint Technical Committee, Scientific Review Group, and Advisory Panel; and, by March 25 of each year, recommending to the parties the total allowable catch for the year, including each party's individual total allowable catch and identifying adjustments as needed.
U.S. members of the committee include:
- Phil Anderson, Pacific Fishery Management Council
- Frank Lockhart, NOAA Fisheries West Coast Regional Office
- Steve Joner, Pacific Coast Treaty Indian Tribes
- Dan Waldeck, Pacific Whiting Conservation Cooperative
Canadian members of the committee include:
- Paul Ryall, Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- Michael Turner, Province of BC, Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Fisheries
- Bruce Turris, Pacific Fisheries Management Inc.
- Theresa Williams, Fisher Bay Seafoods Ltd.