Scientific Review Group of the Pacific Hake/Whiting Treaty
Description and list of members of the Scientific Review Group of the Pacific Hake/Whiting Treaty.
The Scientific Review Group provides independent peer review of the Joint Technical Committee's work. The review group includes up to six individuals, with two appointed by each party and two independent members.
The review group is charged with:
- Establishing Scientific Review Group terms of reference for approval by the Joint Management Committee.
- Reviewing the stock assessment criteria and methods and survey methodologies used by the Joint Technical Committee.
- Providing annually, by March 1, unless otherwise specified by the Joint Management Committee, a written technical report of the stock assessment and its scientific advice on annual potential yield.
- Performing other duties and functions as directed by the Joint Management Committee.
U.S. members of the review group include:
- Owen Hamel (Co-Chair), NOAA Fisheries Northwest Fisheries Science Center
- Allan Hicks, Fisheries Analysis with Integrity
Canada members include:
- John Holmes (Co-Chair), Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- Jaclyn Cleary, Fisheries and Oceans Canada
Independent members include:
- Wilson White, Oregon State University
- Trevor Branch, University of Washington
Advisory Panel Advisors to the SRG:
- Shannon Mann, Advisory Panel – Canada
- Lori Steele, Advisory Panel – USA