Aleutian Islands Pollock Fishery in Alaska
In 2005, Amendment 82 to the Fishery Management Plan (FMP) for Groundfish of the Bering Sea and Aleutian Islands Management Area established a framework for the management of the Aleutian Islands subarea (AI) directed pollock fishery.
Harvesting vessels and processing entities are nominated by the Aleut Corporation but must be approved by NOAA Fisheries. Unless specifically exempted by this action, nominees must have all federal permits required to participate in the AI pollock fishery. NOAA Fisheries notifies both the Aleut Corporation and nominees of approval results.
- Cost Recovery Fee Payment (due Dec. 31)
- Recordkeeping and Reporting
Regulations and Management Actions
- Information Bulletins
- Groundfish Harvest Specifications
- Amendment 82 to the FMP for Groundfish of the Bering Sea and Aleutian Islands Management Area
- Regulations, Acts, Treaties, and Agreements
- Figures, Maps, Boundaries, Regulatory Areas, and Zones