The Scientific Review Group created under the Pacific Whiting Treaty between the Governments of the United States and Canada will meet on February 19-22 in Vancouver, BC to review and provide a report on the draft 2019 stock assessment authored by the Treaty’s Joint Technical Committee.
Preliminary Agenda items include:
- Overview of 2018 fisheries;
- presentation and review of the draft stock assessment;
- preliminary 2019 survey design;
- the environmental drivers of hake distribution; and
- the ongoing Management Strategy Evaluation.
There will be an opportunity for public comment.
Tuesday, February 19: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, February 20: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursday, February 21: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday, February 22: 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
SFU Harbour Centre
515 West Hastings St.
Call-in toll-free number: 1-877-413-4781 (Canada)
Call-in number: 1-613-960-7510 (Canada)
Attendee access code: 654 056 8