Pacific Whiting Treaty
Management of the coastal stock of Pacific whiting is accomplished through a bilateral agreement between the United States and Canada, known as the Pacific Whiting Treaty.
The Pacific Whiting Treaty is a bilateral agreement between the United States and Canada and responsible for the management of the coastal stock of Pacific whiting. The agreement allocates a set percentage of the harvest quota to American and Canadian fishermen. Currently, the United States is allocated nearly 74 percent of the annual quota and Canada the remaining 26 percent.
Joint Management Committee Meeting
The Joint Management Committee (JMC) meeting focuses on reviewing progress on the ongoing Management Strategy Evaluation.
August 13–14, 2019 — Victoria, British Columbia
JMC and AP TAC-Setting Meeting
The Joint Management Committee and the Advisory Panel will meet to review advice from the stock assessment, Joint Technical Committee, and Scientific Review Group and recommend a total allowable catch, or TAC.
March 11–13, 2020 — Lynnwood, Washington
Committees and Panels
- 2019 Total Allowable Catch Recommendation by Joint Management Committee
- 2019 Advisory Panel Report
- 2019 Scientific Review Group Report
- 2019 Pacific Whiting Stock assessment
- Management Strategy Evaluation (MSE) Draft – February 6, 2018 (PDF, 22 pages)
- 2018 Pacific Whiting Stock Assessment
- 2018 Advisory Panel Report
- 2018 Total Allowable Catch Recommendation by Joint Management Committee
- 2018 Scientific Review Group Report
- 2012–2017 Documents