NOAA Fisheries supports the development of technological solutions and changes in fishing practices designed to minimize bycatch. Our mission is to find creative approaches and strategies for reducing bycatch, seabird interactions, and post-release mortality in federally managed fisheries.
High-priority areas for Fiscal Year 2023 projects include:
- Researching new technology
- Encouraging technology adoption
- Reducing post-release mortality
- Avoiding habitat interactions
- Conducting international research