The Woods Hole Science Aquarium displays approximately 140 species of marine animals found in Northeast and Mid-Atlantic U.S. waters. The Aquarium is designed for self-guided tours of the main exhibits and a behind-the-scenes look at Aquarium operations.
To help constrain the spread of COVID-19, the Woods Hole Science Aquarium is closed to the public until further notice. The situation is evolving, and we evaluate our options daily. Please check back here or follow NEFSC on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates.
Woods Hole Science Aquarium
166 Water Street
Woods Hole, MA 02543
Open 11:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Closed all federal holidays.
- Wheelchair access to the Aquarium's behind-the-scenes area and touch tank is via a ramp at the rear of the Aquarium. If you need wheelchair access please notify the front desk.
- No pets allowed. Service dogs permitted.
- Our display and behind-the-scenes areas are not large enough to accommodate strollers. All strollers must be left outside.
- Animals of the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic waters.
- Exhibit cases with bones, skulls, and teeth.
- Information about Woods Hole science and history, fishery science, marine mammals, sea turtles, and local fish species.
- Touch tanks where you may find small fish, crabs, sea stars, whelks, shells, and egg casings.
- Find out more about visiting the Aquarium
- Learn more about our exhibits
- Download Aquarium activity sheets
We offer a number of programs to involve the public, students, and aspiring scientists.
From visitors to students from near and far, the Aquarium offers fascinating learning experiences for all ages.