The Woods Hole Science Aquarium displays approximately 140 species of marine animals found in Northeast and Mid-Atlantic U.S. waters. The Aquarium is designed for self-guided tours of the main exhibits and a behind-the-scenes look at Aquarium operations.
Woods Hole Science Aquarium
166 Water Street
Woods Hole, MA 02543
Open 11:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Closed all federal holidays.
- Wheelchair access to the Aquarium's behind-the-scenes area and touch tank is via a ramp at the rear of the Aquarium. If you need wheelchair access please notify the front desk.
- No pets allowed. Service dogs permitted.
- Our display and behind-the-scenes areas are not large enough to accommodate strollers. All strollers must be left outside.
- Animals of the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic waters.
- Exhibit cases with bones, skulls, and teeth.
- Information about Woods Hole science and history, fishery science, marine mammals, sea turtles, and local fish species.
- Touch tanks where you may find small fish, crabs, sea stars, whelks, shells, and egg casings.
- Find out more about visiting the Aquarium
- Learn more about our exhibits
- Download Aquarium activity sheets
We offer a number of programs to involve the public, students, and aspiring scientists.
From visitors to students from near and far, the Aquarium offers fascinating learning experiences for all ages.