The Woods Hole Science Aquarium displays approximately 140 species of marine animals found in Northeast and Mid-Atlantic U.S. waters. The aquarium is designed for self-guided tours of the main exhibits and a behind-the-scenes look at aquarium operations.
Current Operating Hours
Outdoor seal enclosure: Monday-Friday, 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The seal enclosure will be closed for cleaning on Monday September 26, 2022
Indoor aquarium: Monday-Friday, 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Both closed on all federal holidays.
Woods Hole Science Aquarium
166 Water Street
Woods Hole, MA 02543
Current Operating Schedule: (508) 495-2001
Group Reservations:(508) 495-2267
- Wheelchair access: the aquarium's first floor and seal enclosure are accessible. The second floor, where you can see behind-the-scenes area and visit the touch tank, can be accessed using a ramp at the rear of the aquarium. If you need wheelchair access for this ramp, please notify the reception desk on arrival.
- No pets allowed indoors or in the seal habitat. Service dogs permitted.
- No strollers indoors. All strollers must be left outside, owing to our small size.
- No standing on the half-wall surrounding the seal habitat.
- The seals at Woods Hole Science Aquarium are protected by federal law. Please follow all posted rules and respect our seal exhibit hours of operation while visiting the seal enclosure.
- Animals of the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic waters.
- Exhibit cases with bones, skulls, and teeth.
- Information about Woods Hole science and history, fishery science, marine mammals, sea turtles, and local fish species.
- Touch tanks where you may find small fish, crabs, sea stars, whelks, shells, and egg casings.
- Find out more about visiting the Aquarium
- Learn more about our exhibits
- Download Aquarium activity sheets
We offer a number of programs to involve the public, students, and aspiring scientists.
From visitors to students from near and far, the Aquarium offers fascinating learning experiences for all ages.