MRIP Data User Handbook
This handbook contains detailed information about downloading, exporting, querying, and analyzing NOAA Fisheries’ marine recreational fishing data.
The MRIP Data User Handbook is designed to provide fisheries analysts and stock assessors with detailed information about downloading, exporting, querying, and analyzing NOAA Fisheries’ marine recreational fishing data. The handbook is organized into five sections that orient users with informational resources, general survey data, the MRIP Query Tool, and the template R and SAS programs available to support custom domain analyses. A sixth section focuses on the specialized Large Pelagics Survey (LPS). The handbook will be updated as methodologies change, new tools are made available, and customer feedback is incorporated. Please contact Lauren Dolinger Few with questions or suggestions for additional content.
Additional Guidance for Data Users
In addition to this handbook, the 2021-2022 MRIP Data User Seminar Series addresses best practices for accessing, analyzing, and using recreational fishing data. Access previous seminar recordings or sign up for future training sessions using the links below:
- Introduction to MRIP Data (Oct. 26, 2021)
- Statistical Methods and Procedures (Nov. 30, 2021)
- MRIP Query Tool (Jan. 25, 2022)
- Custom Domain Analyses (Part One: Feb. 22, 2022) (Part Two: March 31, 2022)
- FES Queries and Custom Domain Analyses (June 21, 2022)
- Using Large Pelagics Survey Data (Date and Event Link TBD)