The SERO Limited Access Privilege Programs/Data Management Branch has three primary responsibilities. The Branch conducts data analyses in direct support of federal fishery management decisions, monitors recreational and commercial quotas and annual catch limits for federally managed species, and develops, administers, and implements commercial catch share programs. The Branch works collaboratively with NMFS’ Southeast Fisheries Science Center, other SERO Branches, and the Gulf of Mexico, South Atlantic, and Caribbean fishery management councils to evaluate and analyze the effects of proposed regulations. The Branch also manages the South Atlantic individual transferable quota program (ITQ) for wreckfish and the Gulf of Mexico Red Snapper and Grouper-Tilefish individual fishing quota (IFQ) programs, and the Headboat Collaborative (HBC) Exempted Fishing Permit Pilot Program. Annually, the Branch develops reports to evaluate the performance of catch share programs, prepares recreational quota closure projections, and tracks landings relative to quotas and annual catch limits.
- For information regarding the SERO Catch Shares programs, visit the Catch Shares Homepage.
- Catch Share Customer Service
- Phone: 1-866-425-7627 (select option 2)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reef Fish Amendment 36A: Modifications to Commercial Individual Fishing Quota Programs
- Reef Fish Amendment 36B: Modifications to Commercial Individual Fishing Quota Programs Program Participation
- Catch Shares National Policy
Catch Up on Catch Shares
Our newsletter, "Catch up on Catch Shares", outlines available resources pertaining to the Catch Share online system, as well as other relevant fishery management issues. Topics included in the newsletters are: community perspectives, upcoming actions, system functions, IFQ data, and links to important events and websites.
- Issue No. 1 - April 2018
- Issue No. 2 - July 2018
- Issue No. 3 - October 2018
- Issue No. 4 - December 2018
- Issue No. 5 - April 2019
Sign up here!
- Does the Lunar Cycle Affect Reef Fish Catch Rates?
- Modelling community structure and species co-occurrence using fishery observer data
- Evaluation of Alternatives to Winter Closure of Black Sea Bass Pot Gear: Projected Impacts on Catch and Risk of Entanglement with North Atlantic Right Whales Eubalaena glacialis
- Stock Complexes for Fisheries Management in the Gulf of Mexico
- Forecasting for Recreational Fisheries Management: What's the Catch?
- SEDAR50-DW11: Distribution of blueline tilefish (Caulolatilus microps) in the U.S. EEZ from fishery-dependent and fishery-independent data collections
- Factors that Influence Discarding in the Gulf of Mexico Commercial Grouper-Tilefish IFQ Reef Fish Fishery
For copies of the following staff publications, please contact the Southeast Regional Office by phone 727-824-5305 or email.
- Minimizing bycatch and improving efficiency in the commercial bottom longline fishery in the Eastern Gulf of Mexico
- Sink or swim? Factors affecting immediate discard mortality for the gulf of Mexico commercial reef fish fishery
- 2020 Gulf of Mexico Red Snapper Recreational Season Length Estimates for the Federal For-Hire Component
- 2019 Gulf of Mexico Grouper-Tilefish IFQ Annual Report
- 2019 Gulf of Mexico Red Snapper IFQ Annual Report
- Grouper-Tilefish Individual Fishing Quota 5-Year Review
- 2019 Gulf of Mexico Red Snapper Recreational Season Length
- 2018 Gulf of Mexico Red Snapper Recreational Season Length Estimates
- Modeling the Seasonal Closures for the Gulf of Mexico Greater Amberjack Recreational Sector
- 2017 South Atlantic Red Snapper Annual Catch Limits and Recreational Season Length Projections
- Retrospective analysis of combined effects of amendment 31 regulations upon effective effort impacting sea turtle takes in the Gulf of Mexico Reef Fish Bottom Longline Fishery
- Headboat Collaborative Pilot Program Final Report
For copies of the historical technical reports, please contact the Southeast Regional Office by phone 727-824-5305 or email.