The SERO Limited Access Privilege Programs/Data Management Branch has three primary responsibilities. The Branch conducts data analyses in direct support of federal fishery management decisions, monitors recreational and commercial quotas and annual catch limits for federally managed species, and develops, administers, and implements commercial catch share programs. The Branch works collaboratively with NMFS’ Southeast Fisheries Science Center, other SERO Branches, and the Gulf of Mexico, South Atlantic, and Caribbean fishery management councils to evaluate and analyze the effects of proposed regulations. The Branch also manages the South Atlantic individual transferable quota program (ITQ) for wreckfish and the Gulf of Mexico Red Snapper and Grouper-Tilefish individual fishing quota (IFQ) programs, and the Headboat Collaborative (HBC) Exempted Fishing Permit Pilot Program. Annually, the Branch develops reports to evaluate the performance of catch share programs, prepares recreational quota closure projections, and tracks landings relative to quotas and annual catch limits.
- For information regarding the SERO Catch Shares programs, visit the Catch Shares Homepage.
- Catch Share Customer Service
- Phone: 1-866-425-7627 (select option 2)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reef Fish Amendment 36A: Modifications to Commercial Individual Fishing Quota Programs
- Reef Fish Amendment 36B: Modifications to Commercial Individual Fishing Quota Programs Program Participation
- Reef Fish Amendment 41: Allocation-Based Management for Federally Permitted Charter Vessels
- Reef Fish Amendment 42: Reef Fish Recreational Management for Headboat Survey Vessels
- Catch Shares National Policy
Catch Up on Catch Shares
Our newsletter, "Catch up on Catch Shares", outlines available resources pertaining to the Catch Share online system, as well as other relevant fishery management issues. Topics included in the newsletters are: community perspectives, upcoming actions, system functions, IFQ data, and links to important events and websites.
Sign up here!
- Does the Lunar Cycle Affect Reef Fish Catch Rates?
- Minimizing bycatch and improving efficiency in the commercial bottom longline fishery in the Eastern Gulf of Mexico
- Sink or swim? Factors affecting immediate discard mortality for the gulf of Mexico commercial reef fish fishery
- Modelling community structure and species co-occurrence using fishery observer data
- SEDAR50-DW11: Distribution of blueline tilefish (Caulolatilus microps) in the U.S. EEZ from fishery-dependent and fishery-independent data collections
- Evaluation of Alternatives to Winter Closure of Black Sea Bass Pot Gear: Projected Impacts on Catch and Risk of Entanglement with North Atlantic Right Whales Eubalaena glacialis
- Stock Complexes for Fisheries Management in the Gulf of Mexico
- Forecasting for Recreational Fisheries Management: What's the Catch?
- 2018 Gulf of Mexico Red Snapper Recreational Season Length Estimates
- Modeling the Seasonal Closures for the Gulf of Mexico Greater Amberjack Recreational Sector
- 2017 South Atlantic Red Snapper Annual Catch Limits and Recreational Season Length Projections
- Impacts of proposed alternatives in South Atlantic Regulatory Amendment 27: Commercial Visioning Blueprint
- Retrospective analysis of combined effects of amendment 31 regulations upon effective effort impacting sea turtle takes in the Gulf of Mexico Reef Fish Bottom Longline Fishery
- 2016 Gulf of Mexico Red Snapper IFQ Annual Report
- 2016 Gulf of Mexico Grouper-Tilefish IFQ Annual Report
- Headboat Collaborative Pilot Program Final Report
To view archived reports, please click here.