Electronic Vessel Trip Reporting Software Options
Software options for submitting your eVTRs in the Greater Atlantic Region.
Reports submitted through an approved eVTR app meet all of GARFO’s reporting requirements for commercial (except ITQ clams), for-hire, and private recreational tilefish trips. You may choose to use any of the following software applications to submit your eVTRs.
GARFO Fish Online
We offer two different options for electronic reporting: NOAA Fish Online for iOS and Fish Online Web-Based Reporting.
- Vessel operators (non-owners) must have a Fish Online user account to use any of the Fish Online applications.
- Vessel owners must have a Fish Online user account to use the Fish Online iOS application.
- Vessel owners can use their existing permit number and PIN to use Fish Online Web-Based reporting.
NOTE: The ability for vessel owners to use their permit number and PIN to use Fish Online Web-Based reporting will end on June 1, 2021. At that point, a Fish Online user account will be required.
You can use the NOAA Fish Online app for iOS on Apple tablets and iPhones. Download it from the Apple store by searching for "NOAA EVTR IOS APP”.
- NOAA Fish Online for iOS App How-To Card (provides basic assistance for using the NOAA Fish Online app)
2. GARFO Fish Online Web Portal
Access the NOAA Fish Online Web portal using Safari, Chrome, or Mozilla.
- How to Create a Fish Online Account and Link to a Vessel
- For assistance or to obtain NOAA Fish Online log-in information, call (978) 281-9188 or email the GARFO Helpdesk.
NEFSC Fisheries Logbook and Data Recording Software (FLDRS) - Study Fleet Vessels Only
FLDRS is a program that collects high resolution fisheries data for research while also satisfying eVTR requirements.
NOTE: At this time, FLDRS is the only eVTR option available for vessels on a Clam ITQ trip.
Commercial operators interested in enrolling in the Cooperative Research Program should email the Northeast Fisheries Science Center or call us at (508) 495-2121.
The Atlantic Coastal Cooperative Statistics Program (ACCSP) provides SAFIS eTrips software for electronic reporting of fishing activity data. You can choose to use SAFIS eTrips/mobile v2 or eTrips Online to report electronically.
1. SAFIS eTrips/mobile v2
SAFIS eTrips/mobile v2 is available on smart phones and tablets on both Apple and Android platforms, and also on PCs and laptops running Windows 10. You can use this app to capture catch and effort data at sea even if you don't have an Internet connection.
- Download the application to your tablet from the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, or Microsoft Store (Start Menu).
- Tips for Completing a For-Hire eVTR on the eTrips/Mobile v.2 App
- For assistance or to obtain SAFIS log-in information, call the eTrips Helpdesk at (800) 984-0810 or email SAFIS Support.
2. SAFIS eTrips Online
SAFIS eTrips Online is the web version of ACCSP’s eTrips application and may be used by any internet browser.
- eTrips Online requires an Internet connection.
- You can access eTrips Online through the SAFIS portal on the ACCSP web site.
For assistance or to obtain SAFIS log-in information, call the eTrips Helpdesk at (800) 984-0810 or email SAFIS Support.
Teem Fish Monitoring: Elog Software
Teem Fish provides an electronic data collection and reporting tool.
Harbor Light Software: eFIN
eFIN satisfies eVTR reporting requirements for federally-permitted private recreational tilefish vessels. eFIN is available for smart phones and tablets on both the Apple and Android platforms.
- Download the application from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Tips for Completing an eFIN Recreational Tilefish eVTR
- For eFIN assistance, call the Harbor Light Helpdesk at (800) 984-0810 or email eFIN support.
- To log on to eFIN, use NOAA Fish Online log-in information, call (978) 281-9188, or email GARFO Helpdesk to create a Fish Online account.
eVTR App Compatibility Summary
Requires Internet Connection
|iPhone or iPad||Android Phone or Tablet||Windows 10|
|Fish Online iOS||x|
|Fish Online Web||x|
|eTrips Mobile v2||x||x||x|
|Teem Fish App||x||x||x|
** Pending Recertification
NOTE: Be aware that applications that work on iOS (iPhone or iPad), Android (phone or tablet), and Windows 10 do not require an Internet connection; with these applications you may also use a wireless connection (WiFi or cell network) to submit the report.